Friday, November 30, 2012

The sentence that drives me nuts.


"My ex is crazy."

How many times have you heard that?  I feel like I hear it all the time.  Usually, it comes from a guy.  My ex, she's crazy.  It flows from the tongue.  There goes my crazy ex. 

I just want to clear something up.  Obviously, there are crazy people out there.  But when someone says that, what I always want to say is this: don't you mean that she made you feel crazy?  That you look back to those last few months when you were fighting, when you hurt each other on purpose, when you were trying to repair a mess that you knew was already irreparable, and you just feel crazy?  Chances are, your ex isn't mentally ill.  She might be imperfect, she might be extremely confused.  She might be manipulative, bitchy, really depressed.  She might be crazy for leaving you.  But she isn't the bag lady on the subway who pulls a red plastic stiletto heel out of her purse, along with some serrated butter knives.  Unless, maybe, that is her...shit...

ok, phew. I'm glad we cleared that up. 

(photo from Goddamnit I'm Mad)

No comments:

Post a Comment